Designed in collaboration with the UK's leading contractors and following four
years of research and development, Cassius dramatically cuts the cost of a natural
Cassius dramatically cuts the cost of a natural clay roof and so provides a genuinely
cost effective alternative to fibre cement products and traditional slate. Fired
with a ceramic coating, the tile provides a natural slate colour that is extremely
durable and colour permanent. It's thin leading edge creates an attractive clay
roof, while it's large format size and interlocking design reduces material and
- New Generation interlocking clay tile with easy to lay open gauge
- Over 50% more cost effective than traditional natural slate
- Large format design means competitive with concrete thin leading edge products
- Clean lines and well defined thin leading edge enhances aesthetics
- Pressed from natural alluvial Humber clay and available in 3 permanent colours
- No tops or eaves tiles required
- High performance weatherproof design developed through intensive wind tunnel
- Manufactured to Environment Management Standard ISO 14001
Cassius has been voted the 'Best Roof Covering' a the Homebuilding and Renovating
Product Excellence Awards 2011. Judged by a panel of industry experts from organisations
including RICS and RIBA, the awards celebrate innovation in the UK building industry
and showcase the best of what UK firms have to offer.
Cassius® is a registered trade mark in the UK, owned by Sandtoft Roof Tiles Limited.
Due to natural drying and firing shrinkage in the manufacturing process small
variations in size can occur, therefore it is advisable not to mix tiles of different
colours on the roof. Please contact Technical Services for further guidance.